Monday 2 May 2016

My learning journey with ICT...

Hello my friends!

Today I’m feeling glad and sad at the same time. “How is it possible?” you may ask… Well, on the one hand, I’m glad to share with you my last ICT challenge; but, on the other hand, I’m sad because this crazy journey with ICT is almost over!

Here you have the last mission: we were asked to create a multimedia presentation in order to describe the learning journey throughout this course.
In order to do it, and among all the tools provided, I used the one called “Capzles”.
Why “Capzles”? Because it is a great free online tool which allows you to create very visual presentations using a timeline template. As it is an online tool, we need to “log in” (as we did in previous challenges with other tools). After that, you are more than ready to create your presentation!

With Capzles it is possible to include your own materials: pictures, videos, music, podcasts and so on. Thanks to that, you can personalise your presentations according to your needs.


The only drawback that it has, from my point of view, is the fact that you cannot insert pictures or videos directly from the web, for example, from YouTube. You have to download it and then, add it.

If you click here or on the picture above, you’ll have all the information about this great web tool.

In this presentation, as you will see, I used many pictures of my previous challenges -that you already know since you have read my blog- to make it clearer and easier to follow. I also added a podcast describing and reflecting about each mission according to the images.
Click here to check out my Capzles, or visit the following link if you prefer: http://www.capzles.com/2212038f-42e0-497c-a0a4-524ab6b9d160


Thanks to this last challenge I could reflect about my learning process throughout this course. We have spent so many time so as to create our artifacts, investigating the new tools, comparing them… that I cannot believe that it is about to finish!
If I look back, I can still remember my first days in this course. I could not imagine that I would be able to create all the artifacts and projects that I did! That’s rewarding. 

Related with that, I have to confess that the challenge I enjoyed the most was the choco-talk. I have never done anything like this before, and it was great! With this task we learnt not only to work in groups, but also to have fun discussing CLIL methodology in a completely different way while developing the ICT skills at the same time! Do you remember our choco-talk? Click here or on the picture if you don’t!



About the tool I liked the most, it was Aurasma (click here to know more about this tool). I have never heard about it before and I was amazed when I discovered it. It is incredible the fact that with this app, a simple picture can be brought back to live! Don’t you think so?


Finally, I would like to say thank you to my teacher, Mª Jesús and to my classmates from #ictclil_urjc as well for having given me the chance of becoming aware of the importance and usefulness of ICT for supporting us, as teachers. I realize the necessity of being always up to date, besides trying to innovate. There are no excuses: our pupils are the future, so we have to be ready and adapt out teaching methodologies to their new e-needs!

And that’s all my friends. I hope you have learnt as much as I did while enjoying my blog. I look forward to hearing from you, so do not hesitate on commenting!

Thank you for reading,

Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment